Are you intent on pleasing your partner and making sure that all his needs are met?
Do your own needs and desires ever take a backseat to his?
If so, you might not know how you’re unintentionally creating a lack of intimacy and desire in your relationship.
Certainly, your partner needs to be a priority… So,
Treat him with kindness, respect, warmth, trust, and appreciation. Instead of doing things for him that he may like, but place little overall value on, such as:
- Being available on his schedule
- Waiting around for him to arrive home from work
- Only seeing your friends when he’s busy
- Slaving over a hot stove when you’re exhausted
- Not saying or doing anything that might upset him
Avoid doing these things unless you’re prepared to carry the heavy burden of resentment and extinguish the spark between the two of you.
Your partner loves you for who you are and not for what you do. Focus on being warm and respectful to him and less on taking care of him.
He doesn’t need you to make his life easier for him. What he needs most is a partner who is excited to be in his company (when you genuinely have time) and who will speak to him with appreciation, trust and respect. You can’t do those things when you feel frustrated and less than fabulous.
Instead, honor your heart by:
- Scheduling time to be with him when you’re relaxed and revitalized
- Setting firm but warm limits with him, so that you don’t feel taken for granted
- Prioritizing time with your girlfriends for friendship and fun
- Cooking only out of desire and not out of obligation
- Never losing your voice – it’s a big part of what made him fall in love with you
Follow your own heart and take 100% responsibility for your happiness. Let his love for you be the icing on the cake. Trust that your heart can balance service and generosity to your partner and others once it’s in alignment with your passion. And remember, a man can only sustain love for a woman that listens to the still voice within her and stays true to her path.