It’s the small, consistent actions that have the greatest impact on the connection you have with your partner.
Practicing the tips every day will create long-lasting changes and have a powerful and positive influence on your relationship.
1. Greet one another warmly each and every time.
2. Remember that you’re on the same team.
3. Say it with kindness and respect.
4, State the obvious.
5, Learn to say no, so that you can genuinely say yes.
6. Use “I see it differently” to diffuse conflict.
7. Influence change in your partner by changing yourself.
8. Allow distance and time apart to maintain passion.
9. Stay in the moment and make changes going forward.
10. Choose to be happy instead of being right.
11. Spend quality time (no screens) together every day.
Are there any great relationship tips that we’ve missed?
Share them with us in the comments.
We’d love to hear from you!
About Susan Blackburn:Susan Blackburn, M.A., C.Psych. is a Registered Psychologist providing goal oriented therapy to adults and couples in Toronto to enhance the quality of their lives. She is a Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Couples & Marriage Counsellor, Toronto Therapist, Published Author and guest Relationship Expert on radio and television. Her psychotherapy and counselling approach provides clients with effective therapy tools and strategies to overcome relationship issues, low self esteem, depression, stress, anxiety and other challenges. Susan’s solution focused therapy offers people the skills to increase happiness, build confidence, find life balance, communicate assertively and create a fulfilling relationship by attaining powerful new ways of coping, embracing self care and focusing on the positive. As a Registered Psychologist, counselling and psychotherapy services provided by Susan and her therapy associates are covered under most extended health benefits and workplace insurance plans. She is authorized to provide clinical psychology and counselling psychology services through the College of Psychologists of Ontario. Susan is the owner of Susan Blackburn Psychology a boutique, Toronto therapy private practice located in midtown Toronto at Yonge and Eglinton.