There may be times in your life when you feel as though you’re at a crossroads.
You may even be feeling like this now.
When life gets confusing and it seems daunting to make a choice to stay put or go in a new direction, it can be helpful to ask yourself certain questions (outlined below) to gain clarity.Photograph © by www.martin-liebermann.de
- What’s happened in your life that’s lead you to this crossroads?
- What activities help you to feel grounded, balanced and hopeful?
- When you’re under stress, how do you typically feel/behave?
- Who are the people in your life that you can count on for support, encouragement and love?
- What do you enjoy doing for fun, relaxation and entertainment?
- If you’re in a relationship, what’s it like? Does it meet your needs, values and desires?
- What role do you play in your family/circle of friends/life (eg. caregiver, fun-loving, scapegoat, overachiever)?
- If you weren’t at this crossroads, how would your life be different?
- Who else in your life is affected by your current confusion and uncertainty?
- Why do you think you’re having this experience at this time in your life?
Writing down your answers to these questions can give you a necessary shift in perception. Frequently, it can bring about deeper reflection and make it easier to know what you need to bring the balance back into your life.
Give yourself time to get your answers. Be patient and trust the flow of life. When things are as they should be in the moment, the future is naturally taken care of as one moment leads to the next in a ripple effect.